The most popular bathroom renovation style around Byron and the Gold Coast is Coastal or Coastal Fresh. You will generally find a relaxed style of bathroom, using colours and textures inspired by the beach that incorporate natural materials and neutral tones.
Here are some common features to consider:
- Chrome, brushed nickel or brushed brass tapware paired with matte white basins and baths in oval or round designs.
- Timber or Timber look vanities with V Jay or V Groove styling plus stone benchtops and wall mirrors with a pill or arch shape
- Tiles with texture but in neutral colours of white, beige and grey with accent tiles in green, greys and blues, white grout lines
- Concealed cistern toilets
- Draping greenery like devils ivy
- Natural light with skylights or a large window
- Woven pendant light and timber accents like stools and wooden bath caddy
The most exciting change in bath design has hit the market with V Groove style baths. These baths compliment V Jay panelling on both the wall and vanities plus the ever-popular V Groove or fluted Waverley vanities from ADP. They are uniquely shaped and finished in a matte white to give the bathroom timeless coastal fresh feel about it.
This style of bath is available as freestanding, back to wall or back to wall with left or right corner. They are super light to carry up stairs and won’t be an engineering issue for bathrooms with concrete or stone baths.
Talk to an expert at Designer Bathrooms Plus about freestanding baths for your next new build or renovation in Byron or the Gold Coast and we will explain all the differences between back to wall, corner, drop in and island styles.